Andrew Kuper shares his insight on the biggest opportunity facing the industry and the proudest accomplishment in his career.
Carmony Wong shares her insight on being a Leader of Tomorrow.
What did being named an RGA Leader of Tomorrow mean to you?
It was a great surprise and honor, but most importantly, it confirmed that my paper was of value to others. The paper enabled me to share the learnings of my career journey, from starting as a female scientist to leading a team and managing a business. I wanted to help my fellow industry colleagues avoid feeling so alone in their journey as I sometimes felt over the past 20 years.
The Universität Hamburg has a longstanding history of nationally and internationally renowned scholarship in risk and insurance research and education with a tradition reaching back until for more than hundred years. Insurance related research and teaching is bundled in the Hamburg Center for Insurance Research (HZV – Hamburger Zentrum für Versicherungswissenschaft) which is an interdisciplinary center consisting of business, law and actuarial science faculty.
In our third annual review of the geopolitical risks facing businesses and investors, the Global Risk Intelligence and Data team review their predictions for 2019 and look ahead to a year that promises continued shifts in power, values and technology that will reverberate through global markets.
Multi-Asset Insurance Strategist Tim Antonelli, CFA, FRM, recently conducted some climate research and co-authored a Wellington whitepaper titled “Muni market climate risk: Hidden perils, untapped opportunities (ARG1)” In this interview, Tim offers some of his key takeaways for insurers
This issue features:
• Highlights from PIC and SIRC
• IIS Story of the Quarter: Green Delta CEO receives “Woman Leader of the Year” award
• Summary of recent IIS activities in the region
• Member’s Experience: CEO interview
• New Member’s Category - Welcome Insurtechs into our Associate Members category
This issue features:
• Highlights - from key events across the region, including this year’s Global Insurance Forum, held in Singapore
• Upcoming Events - including more details on the SIRC and PIC
• IIS Story of the Quarter - celebrating a very special milestone
• IIS Member’s Experience - Clemens Philippi, CEO ASEAN at Euler Hermes shares his experience in the RGA Leaders of Tomorrow programme
The recently concluded IIS Global Insurance Forum (GIF) in Singapore yielded, as our annual conference always does, some interesting insights into the major trends in the industry. One of the most striking developments in the international insurance business was evident at the Forum: the dramatic growth of Asia’s stature and role in
This note is about the activities and aspirations of the insurance industry in working to achieve the UN
Sustainable Development Goals. I believe the industry has made a noteworthy contribution to the SDGs, and in the process demonstrated that a public/private partnership can achieve objectives that neither sector could achieve on its own.