Onboarding and educating members to your Board of Directors is a critical component of corporate governance. When adding a Director without insurance industry experience, it’s important to educate them about the industry and how insurance companies operate. The IIS Executive Education series created The Business of Insurance program specifically to meet this growing need.
The two-day program has been designed by insurance industry thought leaders with extensive executive and governance experience. Courses are highly interactive and include case studies to help participants get a real-world perspective on the content presented.
The program includes these modules:
- The Economics of Insurance
- Financials for Directors
- Insurance Regulation
- Property and Liability
- Life and Annuities
- Role of insurance in the economy and society
- How insurance de-risks an economy, resulting in flow of capital and investment
- Stakeholder impact
- Who uses insurer financial statements and how
- Insurer performance metrics
- Market dynamics and trends
- Products and their economics
- Insurance company board members with limited or specialized insurance industry exposure
- Insurance company board members who are new to the insurance industry
- Any insurance company board member looking for a refresher on insurance fundamentals
$3,995 Board members from The Institutes Board of Trustees and IIS Member Companies
$5,995 General registration
Registration fee includes all program materials and meals during the two days of programming.