Onboarding and educating members to your Board of Directors is a critical component of corporate governance. It’s important to educate your board members about the insurance industry and how insurance companies operate. The IIS Executive Education series created The Business of Insurance program specifically to meet this growing need.
The two-day program has been designed by insurance industry thought leaders with extensive executive and governance experience. Courses are highly interactive and include case studies to provide participants with a real world perspective on the content presented.
The program includes these modules:
- The Social Responsibility of the Board and the Social Value of Insurance
- The History of the Board and Board Priorities for 2023
- State of the Insurance Industry: Key Risks and Opportunities
- Lessons Learned: Observations and Best Practices from a 50+ Year Industry Veteran
- Board Strategies for Success: ERM, Risk Prediction and Prevention, Reinsurance, and Capital Management
- Insurance Innovation and the Future of the Industry
- Key components to boardroom success
- Climate risk, legal system abuse, and other challenges impacting the industry
- Stakeholders’ needs and demands in an ever-changing world
- Board anatomy, etiquette, and best practices
- Regulation, regulatory practices, and the responsibilities of public policymakers
- Enterprise risk management strategies and insurer performance metrics
- The importance of pivoting to a risk prediction and prevention model
- How to prepare for the future of the industry
- Have limited or specialized insurance industry exposure
- Are new to the insurance industry
- Are looking for a refresher on insurance fundamentals and an update on industry trends and regulatory priorities
$4,995 Representatives from The Institutes Board of Trustees companies, and Triple-I and IIS member companies.
$6,995 General registration
Registration fee includes all program materials and meals during the two days of programming.